Saturday, April 17, 2010

My First Blog

I always wanted to create and write a blog but who has time these days? But I keep getting peer pressured into it. So here goes, the only problem is what to write about? My head is so full of so many serious thoughts, especially these last few days, but I honestly don't feel like being serious.

Blogger.com makes me think of that old game Frogger! Cause it rhymes you know :) Loved that game!! I remember playing it on my Atari 2600 when I was a little tyke. Also Pitfall was an awesome game. Going from screen to screen jumping on crocodiles and over sandpits and swinging from ropes and you had to do it all in 20 minutes and only had three lives to get it done in. I only conquered it one time in my life, and that is still a very fond memory for me and proud achievement.

I remember when I got my Atari 2600, because the Atari 7800 was coming out. And then when I finally got my Atari 7800 the first Nintendo was coming out. And then when I got my first Nintendo the Super Nintendo was coming out. Why was I always one step behind everyone else when I was a child??

Man I can type really fast!!

One quick story talking about Nintendo. Me and my buddies Porkchop and Lambchop and Jake were over at Jake's house playing his new 64 bit Nintendo one day while we were in High School. And before you ask, yes I was just getting my Super Nintendo. Anyway we were almost at a new level on a Mario game when Jake gets a call from his grandma needing some help and needing Jake's dad. Jake was like "ok I'll get him for you later I'm a little busy right now" and that was the end of their call. Later that night when we finally came out of his room to go play some Risk I think, Jake's mom came to where we were playing and said "Jake your dad had to take your grandma to the hospital, she is having some heart problems." We all looked at each other like WHOA!!!!!!!!! And that was the day that Nintendo almost killed my buddy Jake's grandma.

And thus ends my first blog...I just hope my Commodore 64 is still working for my second one.

1 comment:

  1. I remember the Atari, and frogger, and Donkey Kong... and if it's any consolation, our family was most likely the last household in the free world to ever own a VCR.

    ReplyDelete